|Availability:||Will order upon request. Availability dependent upon manufactures inventory.|
|Delivery time:||6-10 Business Days, dependent on manufacturer ship time.|
This pre-order will begin to ship out Monday, December 4th.
An enormous toolkit of rules, updates and ways to play, Chapter Approved is an essential purchase for any Warhammer 40,000 player. Expanding upon the rules found in the Warhammer 40,000 book, this 128-page softback book contains narrative-driven battles and scenarios depicting brutal sieges, exciting new ways to play, mechanics for designing your own vehicles and a host of new rules to take to the battlefield.
Split into 3 sections – Open Play, Narrative Play and Matched Play – with explanations and expansions of the rules for each.
Games of Warhammer 40,000 with few restrictions, where players are free to invent their own stories and frameworks with unlimited force sizes – this is Open Play. Chapter Approved provides the following guides to making your Open Play games as open and fun as possible:
- Apocalypse: huge, dramatic tabletop conflicts in which hundreds of infantry and squadrons of vehicles are locked in desperate conflict, games of Apocalypse are Warhammer 40,000 turned up to 11. Combine armies into immense forces, unleash terrifying super-heavy war engines – Apocalypse is your gateway to truly epic battles.Chapter Approved features a comprehensive guide to running games of Apocalypse, from 3 missions, ideas for multi-table battles and recommendations for an officiated game featuring an Umpire with special influence over the battle.
- Land Raider variants: this is a set of guidelines on designing your own datasheets for Land Raider conversions, meaning totally new variants for your games made completely by you! There are 5 example datasheets covering Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Chaos Space Marines tanks, and a blank datasheet for you to create your own, whatever Chapter you choose.
Narrative Play games are characterised by pre-generated storylines that often take in entire worlds embroiled in war, from the initial invasions to the bloody battles that follow. Chapter Approved provides rules and missions that the players can chain together, following a conflict from the initial spark to its brutal denouement:
- Planetstrike: rules for playing games of devastating planetary assaults, with one player taking the role of attacker and the other defending, each using the new Warlord Traits, Stratagems and detachments designed for this play style. Included are 6 Planetstrike missions, along with 6 examples of common battlefield deployments;
- Stronghold Assault: rules for games in which players fight over fortified war zones, again deciding between them the roles of attacker and defender. This includes unique Abilities, Warlord Traits, Detachments and Stratagems, as well as 6 Stronghold Assault missions;
- Rules are included for linking games together in linear, narrative-led campaigns, with losses and victories deciding advantages in subsequent games;
- Datasheets for the following 11 fortifications: Aegis Defence Line, Imperial Bastion, Imperial Defence Line, Imperial Bunker, Vengeance Weapon Battery, Plasma Obliterator, Firestorm Redoubt, Macro-cannon Aquila Strongpoint, Vortex Missile Aquila Strongpoint, Void Shield Generator, Skyshield Landing Pad.
For many players, the thrill of Warhammer 40,000 is in testing their mettle against equally-powerful opponents in games where the fight is not decided by who has the biggest gun. When battle-forged armies go to war, victory will go to the commander who has fortune, strategy and cunning on their side. Included in this book:
- 6 Eternal War missions, providing challenges such as hidden mission goals and reserve forces storming in, turn after turn, creating havoc on a catastrophic scale;
- 6 Maelstrom of War missions, offering new permutations of the game and introducing fresh challenges – secret orders, strategic gambles and split-second opportunity feature here;
- 4 new Matched Play mission rules, including rules for targeting characters, using understrength units, clarification on the use of the Command Re-roll Stratagem who which unit types can claim objectives;
- Faction rules: additional rules including Stratagems, abilities, Warlord Traits and psychic powers for Adepta Sororitas, Deathwatch, Drukhari, Genestealer Cults, Harlequins, Imperial Knights, Necrons, Orks, Space Wolves, T’au Empire, and Thousand Sons;
- A guide to creating your own objective markers, themed to your own army, with examples for Imperial, Chaos, Necrons, Tyranids, Drukhari, T’au Empire, and Orks.
The Appendix features a collection of supplementary content which can be used in any games of Warhammer 40,000. Included:
- Rules for a range of terrain, including Deathworld Forests (Eldritch Ruins, Grapple Weed, Shardwrack Spine, and Barbed Venomgorse) and Sector Mechanicus (Haemotrope Reactor, Thermic Plasma Regulators, and Thermic Plasma Conduits);
- Battlezone: Industrial Worlds – use Sector Mechanicus scenery to add height advantages and tap into plasma feeds to increase your weapons’ potential;
- Battlezone: Empyric Storms – rules for fighting amidst a violent warp tide, with 36 events that can affect your armies, surroundings and psychic powers;
- A guide to setting up and running Ladder campaigns;
- An explanation of Battle-forged armies, creating Detachments and Army Rosters;
- Updated points values for a variety of units and wargear for both Citadel and Forge World miniatures, based on feedback from the gaming community.